“The Roman Catholic Church of Luther’s day and the Roman Catholic Church of today not only deny the possibility of the assurance of salvation, but deny that assurance is the will of God for his people. That is the stranglehold that the Roman Catholic Church has on its members…Luther understood from scripture that it is the will of God not only to save his people, but also to give those whom it is his will to save the assurance of their salvation..in this life here and now. He contended that this is the normal experience of the Christian.” (See I John 5:11-13)
From “Here we stand” Editor Ronald Cammenga
” Billy Graham Evangelical Association, “We believe…that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit.” Cart before horse-Arminian heresy! Read up the truth about Billy Graham in this incisive article in the PRCA Standard Bearer.
Standard Bearer April 1st 2018
Great insights from the Reformed theologian Herman Hoeksema: “Unregenerate man is not really sorry for his sin. On the contrary, he has his delight in iniquity. If only there were no evil consequences connected with the service of sin, if only he could sin with impunity, he would not worry about sin at all. But he is afraid of the results. He dreads the punishment of sin. He would like to escape death and hell. He likes to feel safe and secure in the service of sin… Man loves sin, but he dreads hell. And so he makes an attempt to escape the one while continuing in the other… However, there is only one conceivable way in which this attempt to sin with impunity could possibly be successful; or rather that one imaginary way is really quite inconceivable: God must be changed! And the sinful heart and mind do indeed make the bold attempt to change the living God. It is thus that the sinner tries to entrench and fortify himself in his sin! He makes a god of his own imagination after his own sinful heart, before whose face he can sin and feel safe. He invents his own god, an idol that is wholly like himself. He deprives God of his sterner attributes of righteousness and justice, and speaks of a god of mercy and love that will wink at sin and make the ungodly the object of his blessing. And thus he tries to quiet the voice of his own conscience, and partly succeeds to create for himself a sense of safety in the way of sin, until he meets the living God in the day of the revelation of his righteous judgment, and discovers that he believed a lie, that he followed after a delusion, and that the eternal God cannot be mocked” (Triple Knowledge, pp. 199-200).
Jesus did say “Judge not, lest ye be judged” but he was there speaking of hypocritical judging, in another place he said this:
Jesus and His Word teach…
- You are saved by faith and not by works (Ephesians 2:8-9).
- All who rely on observing the law (commandments) are under a curse (Galations 3:10).
- Salvation occurs at the moment you believe the Gospel (Ephesians 1:13).
- Jesus purifies sin (Hebrews 1:3).
- You can know for sure you are saved (1 John 5:13).
- The sacrifice of Jesus is finished (John 19:30).
- We pray to the Father through Christ.
The Pope and his church teach…
- You are saved by faith plus works.
- Obedience to the commandments is a condition for salvation.
- Salvation is a process from baptism through purgatory.
- Purgatory purifies sin.
- You are condemned if you claim to be saved.
- The sacrifice of Jesus continues in daily Mass.
- Mary is co-redemptrix with Christ
- You can pray to Mary and saints
As you can see these two teachings directly oppose one another. You must make the choice as to which is true and which is deception. Your choice will determine your eternal destiny.
The Bahá’í religion is relatively new being founded by Bahá’u’állah (name means the glory of God) in 1863 in Iran and like Islam believes he is the last and greatest prophet and manifestation of God, after progressive revelation through Abraham, Jesus, Mohammed etc.
- The purpose of the Baha’i Faith is to unite all the peoples of the world in one universal Cause, one common Faith. Baha’is believe that all humanity was created by one God and all are members of one human race.
- To be a Baha’i means to follow the teachings of Baha’u’llah, the Prophet-Founder. Baha’is believe He is the Promised One of all ages, and that His teachings enable humanity to build the peaceful and prosperous civilization which has been promised in prophesies of many religions.
- The Baha’i Faith has an administrative order including elected nine-member assemblies at the local, national, and international level.
- Baha’u’llah has revealed laws that Baha’is are expected to follow. These laws include daily prayer and daily reading of Baha’u’llah’s Writings.
- A key tenet is the independent investigation of truth; each individual is responsible to discover the truth for himself. This pertains to the process of becoming a Baha’i.
Some of the above tenets are commendible (red) but there is much falsehood and much missing. Here are some major points:
Bahauallah was not holy nor a divine luminary, he was a sinful man who died like the rest of us. Notice that nothing is said about humanity’s sin against a HOLY GOD.
The Bahai faith states that God is unknowable and inaccessible but yet the source of all revelation (what a contradiction!). But God has made himself known in the incarnation and was ever accessible, even in our first parents (John 1:18).
“The oneness of all religion. ” How can beliefs that are diametrically opposed be one? (Amos 3:3).
“The essential worth of all religions.” Surely there can only be one truth and what is false is not only unworthy of adherence but downright wicked and dangerous. Any religion that denies that God has become man in Christ is a lie ( I John 4:2, I Tim.2:4). Humans MUST HAVE a sin-bearing atoning mediator to approach Jehovah.