- God has decreed this (Eph.2:10), the Son has ordained and appointed this as mediator and he pours out the Holy Ghost to enable believers to works of obedience and holiness and to work holiness in others.
- Our holiness is the one major purpose of Father, Son, and Spirit in the business of exalting the glory of God in our salvation.
- For ourselves there is honour, peace, usefulness.
- For others in the world it serves to the conviction and stopping the mouths of some of the enemies of God.
- It contributes to the conversion of others.
- Mainly (and this agrees with Heidelberg Catechism) it is the whole expression of our thankfulness.