Last day in Singapore!
Covenant Evangelical Reformed Church in Singapore is sister church (much bigger several times) to my own home church CPRC Ballymena, U.K.
My wife and I enjoyed fellowship with brethren and sisters today in worship, Bible Study, and chat at mealtimes. Though the sermons were “read” they we done in such a way as to be very like sermons preached.
A.M. Israel’s war with Amalek, Rev. D. Kleyn, (Exodus 17:8-16).
- Relatives who hated us and were hated by God (Amalek).
- God fights using us.
- Our power is in intercession believing God’s authority (rod)
P.M. Not weary in well-doing. Rev. C. Haak (Gal.6:9).
- flesh is weak.
- we all have our respective callings and “duty-work”.
- we may sow to the Spirit continuously.
- work is rewarded as we reap fruitful harvest (our own quality of life eternal, people converted and quality fruit in their lives).
The Men’s Bible Study in John 15 was exhaustive and enlightening and both in it and in personal fellowship I felt privileged to be used by God in serving the brethren.
Ladies’ BS (men in background)
Late tonight we leave for Philippines for a few days on one of their holiday islands and then weekend in Manila.