We have seen that wisdom consists:
The wisdom of Solomon!
1. Knowledge of God.
2. Knowledge of self and now we come to:
3. Walking with God.
Now, that one may walk with another, six things are required:— 1. Agreement. 2. Acquaintance. 3. A way. 4. Strength. 5. Boldness. 6. An aiming at the same end. All these, with the wisdom of them, are hid in the Lord Jesus.
- Agreement-Amos 3:3. We now have peace and access.
- We know him-I John 5:20, John 1:18, because he has revealed himself.
- There is a way, a highway of holiness (Isaiah 35:8) into which we are directed(Is. 30:21), of good works (Eph.2:10).
- Ability is given (John 15:5, Phil. 2:13).
- We have confidence and boldness (Heb. 4:16).
- Our aim like Christ’s is the glory of God (I Cor.10:31).
From Communion with God by John Owen.