All the messages from this conference are available to hear at:
|The History and Purpose of the Heidelberg Catechism (1)
Dr. Jürgen-Burkhard Klautke | Our Only Comfort, 450 Years
|Comfort For Living and Dying, The HC’s Grand Theme. Prof Ronald Cammenga (2)|
|The Great Blessing of Preaching the Catechism (3)
Prof. Barry Gritters | Our Only Comfort, 450 Years
|Gratitude! The Catechism’s View of the Christian Life (4)
Rev Carl Haak | Our Only Comfort, 450 Years
| The Irenic/Polemic Nature of the Catechism (5)
Rev. Angus Stewart The Catechism: A Covenantal Confession (6)Prof. Russell Dykstra
|Some gleanings from Prof.Gritters:The blessings of Heidelberg Catechism preaching.
1) Grounds believers in sound doctrine
2) Anchors church in history and tradition
3) Theological balance and whole counsel of God.
5) Confessional identity
6) It is the Gospel.
7) Reminds us to live antithetically.
8) Retains a proper subjective element in preaching-what we should love, hate etc.
And one from Rev Carl Haak: “Thankfulness is the power of holiness.”